How to handle competition from other men
One of the hardest parts of playing the dating game is managing the competition from other men. After all, there are plenty of other guys out there looking for a girl, and some of them aren’t afraid to ruin your chances of […]
One of the hardest parts of playing the dating game is managing the competition from other men. After all, there are plenty of other guys out there looking for a girl, and some of them aren’t afraid to ruin your chances of getting what they want!
But more than that, there will always be men who surpass you, maybe they are younger, taller, more handsome, richer, it doesn’t matter.
But you’ll always have to face it: the competition is ALWAYS there!
The fear you will face when facing competition can be boiled down to two root causes: insecurity and jealousy.
When you’re insecure, you always wonder if some other guy will come along and steal your girl.
This often shows up as a combination of feelings that make you worry about losing your girl and, at the same time, worry that you won’t be able to find another one if you DO lose her.
Then, as if things weren’t bad enough, you go out with your girl and other guys start flirting with her right in front of you.
This triggers MORE insecurity, and then the REAL problem… JEALOUSY.
These emotions take over your mind and body, and can trigger some of the most myopic behavior you will ever experience. When you react to these feelings of jealousy and insecurity, you can actually DRIVE the woman you want away.
Most men are insecure, and women generally don’t like jealous men with an exaggerated sense of insecurity.
So how should a man deal with this? What is the best way to deal with another guy trying to get close to your girl?
1) Realize that there is nothing to be insecure and jealous about, and that these things only lead to fear and loss.
2) Get fit with women. Get to the point where you can meet women in ANY situation. This way, you will always know DOWN BACK that if any woman you are with decides to leave, you can turn around and start meeting new women. This eliminates insecurity.
3) Mentally prepared. Take some time to imagine that you are in one of these situations and notice the feelings you have. Review it in your mind until you can think about it without triggering negative emotions.
And if you ever find yourself in a situation where you’re really dealing with direct competition from another man, like he’s flirting with your girl right in front of you, here’s what you can do…
1) WAIT FOR IT. If you start dating attractive women, other men will flirt with them, GUARANTEED. It’s part of life. You should expect it to happen and not be surprised when it does.
2) Learn to have fun with it. Most of the guys have no game at all, and it’s kind of fun to watch and listen to. I enjoy watching guys try to meet women, because they FAIL miserably in most cases. I like to wait until a guy is done flirting with the girl I’m with and then ask him to share the details so I can laugh.
3) Suggest that she go out with the guy who is flirting with her. One of my favorite things to do is say, “Hey, you guys would make a cute couple! I totally think you should go for it.” Of course, all this is said in a light and funny way.
4) If you suspect that the girl you are with is really TRYING to make you jealous, talk to other women. If you really think that a woman is deliberately trying to make you jealous, you should do some thinking as well. Some women enjoy making men compete for them and you probably don’t want to be with one of these women. they are a bread But if you think it’s just a typical situation and the girl is trying to figure out if you “really” like her (because you’ll get jealous if you do), then turn around and start a conversation with a group of girls. and wait for her to come looking for you.
To tell the truth, there is nothing to fear. Hold on to this truth and let go of your fear, insecurity and jealousy.
If you play on jealousy, well… you’re just empowering these guys. And it’s the only power they have, and you ALLOWED this. So stay calm and let things flow, refusing to express jealousy. They flirted with your girl, so what? Remember, they themselves do not have a woman, and there is a reason for this. Keep it up.