One of the most important decisions newlyweds must make is where to go on their honeymoon and how much money to spend on it. You should be able to enjoy your search. Don’t let this stress you out. Sure, there are many destinations and tons of hotels and resorts to choose from, you can easily narrow down your search. Here are some guidelines for choosing a honeymoon vacation.
• As with any vacation, you should always start with the budget. Get an idea of how much money you can spend on your trip. How many days will the trip last? Set a total budget and a daily budget. In addition to suite accommodation and airfare, also consider the price of food, drinks, and entertainment.
• Consider your destination. Exotic beach vacations are very popular these days, in places like the Bahamas, the Caribbean, Mexico, Maldives, Fiji, etc. However, there are still many romantic cities in Europe to consider. You don’t even have to leave the US Maybe you can do the Vegas thing or go to Hawaii. How about a bungalow rental in Key West? Or an exciting week in New York? Make a list of the places you and your fiancé want to go and shop around.
• If you have trouble deciding on a specific destination, at least come up with a topic. Is the exotic beach for you? Or an exciting city break? And the adventure? Romantic mountain honeymoons are always a good idea.
• Honeymoon vacations don’t always have to be in one place. You can always take a cruise. The Azamara Club, Princess, Norwegian and Celebrity cruises offer great honeymoon packages. Today’s cruises feature spas, butlers, luxury suites, and more. You can choose to stay in the ocean most of the time or choose an itinerary with exciting port cities.
• The season and weather may be something to think about. You don’t want to end up feeling uncomfortable in a hot and humid environment OR an icy environment. Even if you plan to spend most of your time indoors, extreme weather could cause disruptions to your travel plans. It may not be the best idea to cruise the Caribbean during hurricane season, for example.
• Finally, make a list of all the comforts the two of you want. What can you do without it? What is it you absolutely must have? When comparing honeymoon vacations, look for those that offer all the comforts you need.
Online websites are the go-to resource for newlyweds around the world. It is the world’s leading travel site and is where you will undoubtedly find the best deals on honeymoon vacations. You can research all the destinations that interest you and compare rates and services.