Google provides 15GB of storage distributed like Google Photos, Google Drive, and Gmail alike. If you use the Google account through the office or school, you can upgrade to 30 GB of additional storage space. Also, you can add additional storage space for Gmail as you pay to use the additional 15GB limit. Due to lack of technical knowledge, many users do not know that they can use limited storage space, and in case of storage limit is exhausted, they cannot send or receive emails.
Although some users have limited use of email and therefore the storage limit will never exceed for them, but in the case of professional users, the story is different. To avoid the error, try to delete the spam messages and empty the trash. For best results, back up your email and reset your email account.
Possible causes of the quota exceeded error
If the message “Storage quota exceeded” appears, it is not necessary that the storage limit has been exceeded. Before giving up, users should first check the storage space and then consider using the Gmail contact number to solve the problem.
These are some of the possible causes for this error message.
1. You can receive this message while sending the email to another Gmail account where the storage limit was exceeded.
2. The filter sends the email through the entire email account.
How to resolve Gmail storage quota error?
Incoming emails will not appear in the Inbox, if the storage limit has been exceeded. Even the Mailer Daemon error occurs every time you try to send an email. Follow the steps shared by email specialists across the Internet to correct the Quota Exceeded error.
1. Check your email account if you are trying to forward via ‘Mail Settings’ and then ‘Forwarding and POP / IMAP’. If that happens with another account, please confirm that your storage space has exceeded its quota.
2. If you are using any filter to send emails through another account, check the ‘Mail Settings’ in the ‘Filters’ section. Check the storage space limit, if everything is normal.
3. Uncheck advanced settings if the situation seems critical. You can delete emails from Trash folder and Spam folder to completely delete them. Also, try deleting irrelevant emails and downloading attachments as well. It will help you free up storage space on your account.
4. Apart from that, delete unnecessary data from Google Photos or Google Drive.
5. Setting up your email account with the desktop email application may be the best way to manage your storage space.
6. Find the Gmail backup utility to be beneficial in the situation where email account messages, contacts, calendar files and folders are backed up.
Follow the steps under the supervision of a professional, call the Gmail support number and seek direct help regarding the error. Stay up-to-date with the latest trends in email updates, keep your email account secure, and enjoy uninterrupted Gmail customer services.